We are a small law firm with Big Law Firm training and best practices. We provide legal advice in the following areas:
• Corporate and Business law.
• Mergers and Acquisitions, including both stock and asset purchase transactions.
• Start-ups; Roll ups; Venture Capital Investment/Financing.
• Private Offerings under Regulation D of the Securities Act of 1933.
• Securities reporting and compliance under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
• Anticorruption protocols in the US and abroad.
• International/cross-border M&A, Venture Capital Investment/Financing in Latin America.
• International Cross-border joint ventures and other strategic alliances.
• Incorporation of entities in Mexico and other Latin American countries.
• Purchase, sale, diligence, and entitlements of commercial and residential real estate, resorts, hotels and mining properties in Mexico.
• Lease agreements for commercial and industrial space in Mexico.
• Licensing, permitting and contracting under foreign manufacturing programs.
• Manufacturing agreements, distribution agreements, services agreements, and shelter agreements between U.S. corporations and Mexican contractors.
• Sale of goods agreements between U.S. and Mexican corporations.
• Arbitration of international disputes.
We also assist in the development, coordination, and implementation of litigation, intellectual property, environmental, labor, and tax strategies in Mexico and other Latin American countries.
• Acquisition of private universities in Chile and Mexico for U.S. public company leader in online education in a joint venture with major U.S. investment fund ~$40M.
• Start-up of private online college in Mexico for U.S. public company leader in on-line education.
• Acquisition of music and entertainment portfolio for leading U.S. Hispanic television network ~$220M.
• Sale of Mexican animal products manufacturing operations of Japanese client to French conglomerate ~$125M.
• Participation in Chapter 13 bidding procedure in the U.S. to acquire bus manufacturing assets for largest Mexican bus manufacturer.
• Negotiation of services agreement for U.S. client leader in airline catalog sales and advertising with major Mexican airline.
• Financing of residential development in Punta Mita, Mexico, by a five-star U.S. hotel brand.
• Acquisition of resort hotel and raw land in Mexican Riviera for Texas developer ~$52M.
• Acquisition and financing of 210 room beachfront hotel and raw land in Mexico for Arizona developer.
• Acquisition, entitlement, financing and commercialization of various beachfront resort and residential real estate projects in Mexico for U.S. clients.
• Negotiation of software development agreement for U.S. client with South American company.
• Successful bidding for commercial, mix-used, and hotel properties for U.S. investment fund for projects in various South American countries.
• Set up manufacturing operations in Mexico for U.S., United Kingdom, and Canadian clients under shelter manufacturing agreements, subcontracting agreements, and import-export programs such as the Maquiladora and IMMEX Programs for aerospace and car parts.
• Incorporation of wholly-owned Mexican subsidiaries for U.S., Japanese, and Canadian clients for manufacturing, distribution, and sale of goods such as general hardware, electronic products, mining machinery and equipment, and steel.
• Joint venture structures for various U.S. clients in manufacturing of drainage systems, manufacturing of electric poles, agricultural operations, and mining operations in Mexico.
• Negotiations of industrial and commercial lease agreements for U.S. clients’ operations in Mexico.
• Special counsel to U.S. and Canadian law firms in connection with their clients’ transactions and operations in Mexico.
Aguilera International Counsel . . .We Make Global Sense™